Straight. Simple. Sold.
Who we are
Purple Wave, the largest no-reserve Internet auction firm in the country, is transforming the way sellers reach buyers to turn assets into cash. Purple Wave specializes in liquidating equipment and vehicles through no-reserve public Internet auctions — providing the easiest and most straightforward way to sell used equipment quickly and efficiently.
The Purple Wave approach to auction maintains the traditional auction experience for buyers and sellers, but affords the convenience that comes with the Internet. From marketing and listing your assets to selling and collecting payment, sellers benefit from a full-service experience. In addition, Purple Wave does not require equipment be moved from the seller’s location which saves the seller time and money.
Recently recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States, Purple Wave boasts nearly 100,000 registered buyers and 250,000 monthly visitors to purplewave.com, helping sellers reach a much broader marketplace than traditional auctions.
Aaron and Suzy McKee founded Purple Wave as a humble auction company in Manhattan, Kansas. Since 2002, Purple Wave has successfully sold almost anything imaginable by Internet auctions. Our core business values have not changed since Purple Wave held it’s first public auction.
- 2000 – First auction
- 2000 – Opened first facility
- 2001 – purplewaveauction.com registered as a domain name
- 2002 – First Internet bid was placed and accepted
- 2004 – purplewave.com registered as a domain name
- 2007 – Total web pages viewed tops 3 million a month
- 2008 – Merger with McBride (Derby, KS) & Kisner Auctions (Hays, KS)
- 2008 – New Purple Wave Manhattan facility opened
- 2008 – Total web pages viewed tops 6 million a month
- 2009 – Official switch to exclusively Internet only auctions
- 2010 – Named one of Inc. 500 fastest growing companies
Hard work, integrity, and creativity have grown Purple Wave to the region’s premier equipment and vehicle auction venue. Since 2000, Purple Wave has widely expanded its sales volume and reputation by:
- Focusing on providing trustworthy auctions
- Building a simple to use Internet community for buyers and sellers
- Providing technology and systems that make buying and selling easy
The Purple Wave team consists of over 70+ professionals, who have extensive backgrounds in agriculture, construction, government, banking and auction management. For more information about the employees visit our staff page.